Tuesday, October 7, 2008

two new challenges

The other day I was looking at this cool blog http://strobist.blogspot.com/
It is an amateurs guide to lighting in photography. Well, it mentioned someone who challenged themselves to take 365 pictures in as many days
http://projectthreesixtyfive.blogspot.com/. I figured, why the heck not? The goal being, become a better photographer because you are doing it every day. It doesn't matter what you take a picture of, just don't phone it in just to get it done, that defeats the purpose. I have challenged my sister Abbi to try it, anyone else out there game? Morris? You know you want to. Keep your camera with you at all times, and be conscious of what is going on around you, a tricky thing sometimes.

I started this Friday, October 3, 2008. The previous day, on the way to work, I saw this very large bizarrely orange mound on the side of the road. It is a fungus pile, growing on a rotting tree stump. Unable to stop then, I took a chance that it would still be there the next day. It was, and here is my picture for that day.
Day 1: 10/3/2008
Day 2: 10/4/08: On Saturday, while taking the dog out, I noticed that my neighbors rose bush still had a few blooms, hanging on for dear life.
Day 3: 10/05/08: On Sunday, Mer and I took Hudson pumpkin and apple picking, and then to a little park off of Lover's Lane in Princeton. He loves the swings. I had been fogging up my lens and then taking pictures. This has a touch of fog in the corners, but mostly his hair seems to be on fire from the sun behind him.
Day 4: 10/06/08: Monday, I took pictures of the soldered and hammered silver rings I had made on Friday, woohoo, soldering!
Day 5: 10/07/08: This little sedum plant grows from under the bushes in front of the office where I work. This might be it's last fall, so I say, thanks little bloomer...

Bonus: This is the queen pillow sized bag of spring mix that I purchased today at the farmers market for $1.99. Not $1.99 a pound, just $1.99.
Eating this before it all rots in the fridge, my second, daunting, challenge.
Okay, so if you want to take 365 in 365 with me, maybe we can set up a group in picasa or flickr to share. Don't feel pressured to post daily, once a week will do, and try to include a little journaling with the picture. After a year, we will have a great photo journal, chronicling our journey to becoming better photographers. Don't forget to occasionally snap a self photo to include, as it is a journal of your own life, you should remember how you looked during it.

No comments:

Post a Comment